I actually have a rant(bythom type) against Sony India...and I am going to express it here assuming some Sony India rep reads it and drills some sense into Sony-India Marketing Heads brain.
Just look at Sony India launch dates compared to their World Launch dates -
1. Sony Alpha NEX-5 - International Launch May'2010 - Available in India
2. Sony Alpha NEX-3 - International Launch May'2010 - Available in India
3. Sony Alpha NEX-C3 - International Launch June'2011 - Not available in India (not listed on Sony India website and not available with dealers I inquired with)
4. Sony Alpha NEX-5N - International Launch Aug'2011 - Not available in India (not listed on Sony India website and not available with dealers I inquired with)
5. Sony Alpha NEX-7 - International Launch Aug'2011 - Not available in India (listed on Sony India website but not available with dealers I inquired with;looks like launched a couple of months back only as the website added it around that time as "new"
Need I write more about 2012 releases like Sony Alpha NEX-F3, Sony Alpha NEX-5R or Sony Alpha NEX-6.....you bet they will be launched in India only when they are getting phased out in other parts of the World.
Coming from Automotive Industry, I can give an interesting analogy - Sony is behaving like GM behaved in the 90s, dumping excess US leftovers(I know engines for sure came from the warehouse leftover in US) in India in the form of "state of the art" Opel cars. Everybody knows what happened to GM(or OPEL). They are still struggling to make a foothold in Indian market with Chevrolet.
Sony India will do good to learn from them. Else they will only be selling sensors to other camera companies and LCD TVs to Indian in the near future.
Sorry Admins - couldn't find a forum named "Rants" so posted this here.