Sorry for hijacking this old thread. Thought of using existing one , rather than creating a new one.
I was looking for a slightly versatile tripod. My initial budget was 10k. Have strecthed it by 50% now
I was going through this particular model - Benro A-2691 Travel Angel Alum. Tripod with B1 Head
- Supports 26.4 lbs (12 kg)
- Extends to 5.44' (1.66 m)
- Folds Down to 17.7" (45 cm)
- Weighs 4.6 lb (2.1 kg)
- Detachable Leg Functions as 4.5' Monopod
- 5 Leg Sections
- 180° Folding Mechanism
- Dual Action Ballhead Included
- 360° Panorama Scale
- Separate Lock and Drag Adjustment Knobs
The specs are impressive. Read quite a bit of reviews. Mostly good. only cons found are -
1) B1 head that it comes with is not upto the mark of the legs. So the max weight that it can safely take (due to this B1 head) is 10Kg
2) I guess it can not be brought down to near ground level for low shooting
My questions -
Has anyone used it, & have 1st hand experience? so would you recommend this? Do you think these cons listed post a big issue? (in my current usage, i ve never used a tripod this low, but may in future & i doubt if i will ever cross the 10kg total weight)
Or any inputs in making me decide.
I am specifically impressed by its ability to fold to abt 45cm easily fitting most suitacases while travelling along with light weight, good weight-bearing capacity! add on is ability to use the centre column as monopod.
Any input is geratly appreciated!