both versions for c&c, please
i love jjmehta,

Offline gopalji

• Professor
  • I love JJMPF
    • photos
Re: chorten
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 11:34:15 PM »
thnx for uploading both images....However for mood,single tone and understandable contrast makes B&W a love for many.

For compettitions in late nineties, I received 25% b&w images and 50% of them from Kolkata and other parts of Bengal. Their love for this medium is unmatchable.

This year in PSI salon there were 474 b&w entries out of 2372....IMO.
Fine Art Photography is a joint venture of technology and the human's creative mind.

Offline pkjeetesh

• Professor
  • ...let there be light!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 12:10:13 AM »
i liked the bw picture....

regards

p k jeetesh
SONY ILCA A77 M II, DT 16 50 F2.8 SSM, F4-5.6 SAL 70 400G SSM II, HVL F43 AM (FLASH)

Offline Dr.(Major) L. M. S. Negi

• Professor
  • I love JJMPF
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 08:58:59 AM »
thanks gopalji and pkjeeteshji,
your comments are very valuable for a new medium that is digital.
totally out of touch of sallon participation for around a decade now, don't know how to re begin,or should   just enjoy my hobby
i love jjmehta,

Offline gopalji

• Professor
  • I love JJMPF
    • photos
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 01:10:49 AM »
Negiji....I saw your pix and the locations u enjoy (which I miss) around u.....u have such good images worthy of acceptances in Salons.....The main thing for Salons, u wiil hv to be more choosy & specific as far as ur shooting and pictures are concerned with the help of softwares on computer.

Again after a long time, u were away from participation in Salons, therefore, u will have to change ur mindset of negativity. That is difficult.

SALONS GIVE NAME AND FAME, if u are craving for them.

Digital photography is almost 2 decades old, when CANON gave boost to its EOS cameras in the beginning of nineties.  Then it took 15 years for professional cameras i.e.DSLRs of other companies to enter the arena. They made improvements in sensors and megapixels from APS-C to CMOS RENDERING AND SENSITIVE TO ALL COLORS equally well. That is a history.

U are shooting now with DSLR and I hope u can make good compromize between film and digital cameras, as we all had to.

Just ponder over and take decision......Forums are very limited options as every member has limited time to judge and suggest opinions for improvements on every photograph posted by any member.They shd have a good understanding of fundamentals of pictorial photography, which needs a critical analysis on the part of experts in forums,devoting personal time for each picture posted by beginners, enthusiasts, students and other knowledgeable photopersons..........?. IMO.
Fine Art Photography is a joint venture of technology and the human's creative mind.

• Professor
  • I love JJMPF
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 09:44:23 AM »
lovely gopalji,
thanks a lot for taking personal care of me.
your encouraging words and comments are highly respected by me.
i had nothing negative about saloons, true it gave me name and fame.
i am bit hesitant to participate at present, mainly because of the new medium (i too am shooting digital since 2006), but digital editing still remains my weakness if feel,
 definitely i ll back one day.
 warm regards
dr negi
i love jjmehta,

Offline gopalji

• Professor
  • I love JJMPF
    • photos
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 11:54:34 PM »
Well,Sirji...I expected this response,as I remember ur writings on ur posts.

In the last above, before I cud add one line, I closed my post...i.e.

''Forum is a better platform to show and utilize ur creativity which goes thru ur mind while camera in hand and clicking the shot''....

Reg ur inhibition in using post processing....80% of members on sites use very few tools such as crop, adjusting lighting or brightness to control over/under exposure, controlling/enhancing contrast,(using levels and curves), reducing/increasing noise and an imp tool 'clone', which I hope in a two hours' journey, u will be able to do ur best on these in Adobe's photoshop 7, CS, or Lightroom,which u hv....or other softwares online, or best is Picasa (free best from Google).

• Professor
  • I love JJMPF
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 09:29:09 AM »
thanks gopalji,
i have picasa and photoshop 2
its fine for me
regards
i love jjmehta,